OceanEx KYC consists of Identity Information Verification and Proof of Residence Verification. Both must meet our requirements to be approved.
Let’s take a look at how to easily complete both of them.
Identity Information Verification:
OceanEx KYC only accepts passport or government issued photo ID ( ID Card or Driver License). Any other types of ID are not accepted.
- Make sure your ID document is valid, expired IDs are not accepted.
- Fill in details and ensure all the information is entered exactly as it appears on your ID document.
- If you selected Passport as your ID document, you only need to take the Passport Bio Page photo and upload.
- If you selected a government issued photo ID ( ID Card or Driver License) as your ID document, you need to take a photo of both the front and back of your ID card to upload.
Tips for taking a good photo of your ID:
- ID document must be original, printed version will not be accepted.
- Ensure the entire ID page/card is clear, uncovered and in focus. The text on it must be recognizable. Make sure your entire ID document is in the shot and no edges are cut off.
Tips for taking a good photo of your Selfie:
You need to take a selfie photo, holding both of your ID document and a handwritten note next to your face. In other words, your face, your ID document, and the handwritten note must be in the same shot.(Don't have to pose like the example picture)
- Please make sure not to cover any texts when holding your ID document.
- Your handheld ID document in the selfie must exactly be the one you used in the ID photo.
- Your handheld handwritten note in the selfie must include your handwritten “OceanEx, your signature of your full name, and the date”. Printed or Photoshop version will not be accepted.
- Sometimes users have taken their selfie in the right way, but texts on the ID document are not readable due to insufficient resolution or out of focus. Please try to move your ID document closer to the camera when taking this selfie, and make sure it is in focus so texts on it can be seen clearly.
Proof of Residence Verification:
OceanEx KYC only accepts the following proof of residence documents: Utility bills, driver licenses, bank statements, tax bills, and other valid notarized documents.
Please make sure the above documents are valid:
- Utility bill (water, gas, fixed-line telephone, internet...) no older than 90 days.
- Driver license in which the submission date is before the expiration date (both sides must be uploaded).
- Bank, building society or credit card statement no older than 90 days.
- Local authority tax bill no older than 1 year.
- Other certified statements from a Notary no older than 90 days.
Fill in details and ensure all the address information is entered exactly as it appears on your proof of residence. Make sure the entire proof of residence is in the shot and no edges are cut off.
If your proof of residence is not in English, an English translated copy is needed. We accept documents translated by users themselves.